High performance reinforcement of synthetic and natural rubber goods
- Provides increased stiffness over carbon black
- Cost effective, sustainable and high performance
- Lower mixing temperatures and higher throughput on extruders
- Increases flex life of rubber and inhibits growth of cracks during flexing
- Alternative to high loading of mineral fillers and SBR masterbatches at low specific gravities.
Synthomer’s PLIOLITETM S6 resins offer outstanding performance attributes. Superior hardness, flexibility and tear resistance make for a cost-effective processing solution.
They also serve as a sustainable alternative to fillers for rubber goods with greater rigidity. They are used in styrene butadiene rubber (SBR), nitrile butadiene rubber (NBR), isoprene rubber (IR), natural rubber (NR), chloroprene rubber (CR).
Supported by production facilities in Le Havre, France, and Mogadore, USA, and an experienced global technical and commercial team, Pliolite S6 resins are used worldwide in tyres, flooring, footwear and other industrial applications.
PLIOLITETM S6 resins are styrene butadiene copolymers with a high styrene content (>80%), and can also be used in thermoplastic ethylene vinyl acetate copolymers (EVA) as a reinforcing additive.
High styrene butadiene resin with a typical styrene/butadiene ratio of 82.5 / 17.5
We welcome your questions and comments. To make a general enquiry or to find out more about a specific Synthomer product, please get in touch.Contact us