Create superior carpet backings with our gel foam elastomers
- Outstanding anti-slip, sound damping and comfort
- Structured embossing possible
- A wide range of high-solid latices, from soft to hard handle
- Cost-effective formulations competitive with gel and non-gel foams
- Meets the highest environmental standards
- Customised products to meet your specific requirements
- Continuous innovation to provide market-leading solutions.
Synthomer’s latices for gel foam elastomers bring outstanding anti-slip properties, good sound damping and comfortable walk-on performance to your floorcovering backings. We offer a broad range of high-solid latices, from soft to hard handle, including a series of cost-effective formulations to help you compete in markets where gel and non-gel foams are used.
Our diverse product portfolio includes solutions for a very wide range of application and process requirements. This means we can deliver the properties you need, either off-the-shelf, or on a bespoke basis. Our product range includes LIPOLANTM T, based on styrene-butadiene copolymer with high solid content (HSSBR).
We take into account factors such as the texture and character of untreated material, as well as desired properties such as elasticity, sound absorbency, comfort and longevity to make sure we provide exactly the right binder for your application.
We offer latices that are compatible with fillers, flame retardants and antistatic agents to deliver the additional benefits of durability, anti-electrostatic behaviour and fireproofing.
Synthomer latices provide multiple functionality for the finishing of carpets. With our partners worldwide we are able to offer complete solutions including vulcanisation paste, gelling agents, thickener and soaps in conjunction with our dedicated technical support at your site.