Cost-effective, high-performance binders for your tufted carpet applications
- Products with high filler acceptance for cost-effective, one- and two-phase coating
- Ideal for pre-coat and secondary backing with high-pile binding under wet and dry conditions
- High-performance binders with low VOCs, low fogging emissions and low odour
- Meeting the highest environmental standards
- Customised products to meet your specific requirements
- Continuous innovation to provide market-leading solutions.
Our binders provide outstanding fibre bonding, handle and durability to your finished carpet, contributing to longevity and comfort. Our products for tufted carpets feature high filler acceptance, enabling you to achieve extremely cost-effective, one- and two-phase coating.
They are ideal for pre-coat and secondary backing with high pile binding under both wet and dry conditions. We also have a range of high-performance solutions to meet your specific VOC level requirements.
Our diverse product portfolio includes solutions for a very wide range of application and process requirements, delivering the properties you need, either off-the-shelf, or on a bespoke basis. Our product ranges include:
- LITEXTM T, based on carboxylated styrene-butadiene copolymer (XSBR)
- LIPOLANTM T, based on styrene-butadiene copolymer with high solid content (HSSBR)
- PLEXTOLTM T, based on styrene-acrylic copolymer (SA).
We take into account factors such as the texture and character of untreated material, as well as desired properties such as elasticity, sound absorbency, dimensional and thermal stability, comfort and longevity, to make sure we provide exactly the right binder for your application.
For the demanding commercial market, we offer latices that are compatible with fillers, flame retardants and antistatic agents to deliver the additional benefits of durability, anti-electrostatic behaviour and fireproofing.
Synthomer latices offer multiple functionality for the finishing of carpets. With our partners worldwide, we are able to offer complete solutions including vulcanisation paste, gelling agents, thickener and soaps, in conjunction with dedicated technical support at your site.
We welcome your questions and comments. To make a general enquiry or to find out more about a specific Synthomer product, please get in touch.Contact us