Specially formulated products to meet all your textile floorcovering needs
- High penetration for superior binding of warp and weft
- Products for soft to hard handle, delivering outstanding dimension stability
- Meeting the highest environmental standards
- Customised products to meet your specific requirements
- Continuous innovation to provide market-leading solutions.
Our latex binders provide outstanding fibre bonding, handle and durability to finished carpets, contributing to longevity and comfort.
Synthomer products for woven carpets have been specially formulated to deliver high penetration, to ensure that you achieve superior binding of the different yarn layers in both warp and weft directions. They will meet all your application requirements – from soft to hard handle – achieving outstanding dimension stability every time.
Our diverse product portfolio includes solutions for a very wide range of application and process requirements, delivering the properties you need, either off-the-shelf, or on a bespoke basis. Our product ranges include:
- LITEXTM T, based on carboxylated styrene-butadiene copolymer (XSBR)
- LIPOLANTM T, based on styrene-butadiene copolymer with high solid content (HSSBR)
- PLEXTOLTM T, based on styrene-acrylic copolymer (SA).
We take into account factors such as the texture and character of untreated material, as well as desired properties such as elasticity, sound absorbency, dimensional and thermal stability, comfort and lifetime to make sure we provide exactly the right binder for your application.
We offer latices that are compatible with fillers, flame retardants and antistatic agents to deliver the additional benefits of durability, anti-electrostatic behaviour and fireproofing.
Synthomer’s latices provide multiple functionality for the finishing of carpets. With our partners worldwide, we are able to offer complete solutions including vulcanisation paste, gelling agents, thickener and soaps in conjunction with dedicated technical support at your site.