Synthomer’s butyl ethyl propanediol (BEPD) is the ideal diol for the synthesis of saturated and unsaturated polyesters. BEPD is a branched aliphatic diol with primary OH groups. Its branched structure offers a reduction in crystallinity in the polyester resin. This brings increased flexibility and improved adhesion. This structure also increases hydrophobicity, improves hydrolytic resistance and improves outdoor durability. Key application areas include UPR gel coats, can, coil and industrial coatings.
Synthomer’s 2-butyl-2-ethyl-1,3-propanediol will bring the following benefits to your high performance resins.
- Reduced crystallinity and brittleness.
- Improved flexibility and adhesion to metal.
- Improved yellowing resistance and gloss retention in both unsaturated and saturated polyesters.
- Improved the hydrolytic stability (water resistance).
- Reduces VOCs because their improved solubility means less solvent is required.
There are currently no downloads available.
• White crystalline solid
• BEPD 70L is a mixture of 2-Butyl-2-Ethyl-1,3-Propanediol (BEPD), Neopentyl Gly...
Talk to Synthomer today to learn about the benefits our BEPD can bring to your high performance polyester resins. Contact us