Synthomer’s coalescing agents achieve optimal film formation, improving the properties of your coatings. Traditionally, coalescing agents were high-VOC with low biodegradability. With tightening environmental legislation, there is a requirement for high boiling, biodegradable coalescing agents and plasticisers.
To respond to this demand, Synthomer has developed two state-of-the-art coalescing agents to complement our broad range of environmentally-responsible binders and additives for coatings, construction, textile and adhesive applications.
- NX 795 (2,2,4-Trimethyl-1,3-pentanediol-isobutyrate) has a boiling point of 255°C and is one of the most versatile and highly-regarded coalescing agents in the coatings industry.
- NX 800 (1-isopropyl-2,2-dimethyltrimethylene diisobutyrate) has a boiling point of 282°C and is designed for applications which require even lower volatility or have particular low-odour requirements.
Both products are compatible with a wide range of polymer dispersions and latices used in coatings applications.
Our coalescing agents will deliver the following benefits:
- Environmentally-responsible: classified as non-VOC according to EU classification 1999/13/EC and 2004/42/EC.
- High compatibility across a wide range of polymer dispersions.
- Deliver optimal film formation.
- Low flammability rating.
- Biodegradable / Non-persistent.
There are currently no downloads available.
• Clear colourless liq...
• 1-Isopropyl-2,2-dimethyltrimethylene diisobutyrate
• Clear ...
Contact our technical specialists for a no-obligation discussion of how Synthomer’s compounds and aqueous curing systems can help improve your carpet and other applications. Contact us