Synthomer’s advanced liquid and dry cementing products have earned a strong reputation for nearly two decades of delivering key liquid and set cement properties. Our portfolio focuses on enhancing isolation through the life of well by enabling slurry consistency, mitigating short-term gas migration, and enhancing set cement mechanical properties.
Synthomer’s range of high-performance additives include:
The Styrene Butadiene copolymer-based latex chemistry of the VERILOK line provides gas migration control, fluid loss control, improved mechanical properties and improved bonding for well cements. We offer a number of grades appropriate for use in a wide temperature range from 60°F to 400°F (15°C to 260°C), while stable with fresh water or salt saturated fluids. The soft deformable particles coat the interstitial phase of the cement, reduce the permeability of the cement matrix and seal permeable paths preventing the loss of filtrate from the cement slurry.
- Multifunctional gas prevention properties
- Interface bonding with casing/formation
- Decreased permeability
- Latex film between pores and on cement
- Improved cement to casing and formation bond
- Improved mechanical properties
- Reduced Young’s modulus
- Increased tensile strength
- Reduced shrinkage
- Low fluid loss while sustaining low viscosity
- Resistance to chemical attack
The Nitrile Butadiene or Styrene Butadiene copolymer-based powder chemistry of the VERIFLEX line provides improved chemical resistance and improved mechanical properties for well cements. We offer a number of grades appropriate for use in a wide temperature range from 60°F to 500°F (15°C to 260°C). When compared to conventional systems, optimized cement systems made with VERIFLEX soft deformable powders enables a lower Young’s modulus which in turn absorbs cement sheath stresses without cracking. This reduces the risk of sustained casing pressure (SCP) also known as annular pressure build-up, set cement failure in the casing annulus or inside casing, collapsed casing, tensile cracks, cement debonding, and costly remedial cementing jobs.
- High strength to density ratio
- Improved long term zonal isolation due to the VERIFLEX™ cement systems ability to resist well stresses throughout the life of the well.
- Improved chemical resistance
Contact our technical specialists for a no-obligation discussion of how Synthomer’s polymer solutions can help improve your well cementing operations.