The failure to protect metal results in the monetary losses of billions annually. Synthomer technologies provide long-lasting metal protection helping you create anti-corrosion products that maintain both aesthetic appeal, and structural integrity. Our extensive range of water-based and solvent-borne resins provide specific protective attributes, including resistance to alkali (salt), corrosion, fire (intumescence), efflorescence and chemicals, as well as thermal insulation.
Synthomer binders also allow you to boost the environmental credentials of your products with resin-options including low-VOC and non-hazardous substances such as APEO and formaldehyde-free solutions.
Synthomer technologies can be applied as direct-to-metal all-in-one coating or as a primer application. They are ideal for use on steel frame constructions such as power pylons, marine, and ACE applications (agriculture, construction, and earth-moving equipment). Our binders will help you achieve anti-corrosion performance according to EN 12944-2 C 3-C 4, medium protection level (5 to 15 years) and can be applied at ambient or slightly forced temperatures.
Synthomer has a wide range of water-based and solvent-borne resins including:
- Lipaton™: Flexible and multifunctional, styrene-butadiene latex polymers that are often used for anti-corrosive primers and stone-chip protection of automotive and vehicular underbody applications.
- Plextol™: Versatile Veocryl technology uniting the advantages of VeoVa with ambient temperature self-crosslinking superiority for direct to metal applications
- Pliolite™: Styrene-acrylate copolymers used for protective metal and anti-carbonation applications.
- PlioTec™: Family of waterborne modified acrylate copolymer that provides superior water resistance and adhesion to a wide variety of substrates including ferrous and non-ferrous metals, ceramic tiles, PVC and more.
- Revacryl™: Styrene-acrylic dispersions for anti-corrosion primers featuring self-crosslinking properties, suitable for challenging metal surfaces such as galvanised steel.
- Create APEO-free and formaldehyde-free formulations.
- Free of plasticisers and coalescent.
- Advanced surfactants to ensure excellent wetting and adhesion on metal substrates.
- Outstanding hydrophobicity.
- Superior salt-spray resistance.
|LIPATON™ SB 5521
||Finely dispersed aqueous dispersion of a carboxylated styrene-butadiene copolymer. The dispersion contains an anionic emulsifier system and is free from film forming aids, APEO, solvents and plasticizers.LIPATON SB 5521 is a hydrophobic and elastic polymer. It is highly recommended for anti-corrosive primers and underbody coatings.
|PLEXTOL™ R 5530
||PLEXTOL R 5530 is a fine particle size, surfactant stabilised
aqueous dispersion of a crosslinked methacrylic ester-acrylic ester
copolymer. PLEXTOL R 5530 offers good adhesion and salt spray resistance with a very good adhesion to different substrates.PLEXTOL R 5530 is recommended for anti-corrosion and Direct to Meta applications with excellent salt spray resistance and perfect adhesion to many substrates. Plextol R 5530 is suitable also for multi-substrate primer formulations.
||Pliolite AC4 is a styrene-acrylate copolymer, often used in combination with Pliolite AC80, to form tough abrasion and chemically resistant films that have excellent UV resistance and exterior weathering properties.Solvent based thixotropic resin for low to high textured exterior masonry coatings, primers, anti-corrosion coatings, concrete protection and intumescent coatings.
||Pliolite AC80, often used in combination with Pliolite AC4 or Pliolite AC5G, forms though abrasion and chemically resistant films that have excellent adhesion, UV resistance and exterior weathering properties.Newtonian resin for exterior masonry coatings, anticarbonation, metal protective and intumescent coatings.
||Modified styrene-acrylic copolymer latex based on Hydrophobic Dispersion Technology, with excellent adhesion to metals, and superior water resistance, delivering corrosion protection even without the use of anticorrosive pigments.Pliotec HDT12 is recommended for Direct-To-Metal (DTM) coatings, from high gloss enamels to anticorrosive primers.
||Pliotec HDT16 modified styrene-acrylic copolymer latex provides excellent water and corrosion resistance, fast hardness development and superior adhesion to a wide variety of substrates (ferrous and non-ferrous metals, ceramic tiles, PVC and more).Water-based resin for anti-corrosion paints and primers, Direct-To-Metal (DTM) coatings and multi-surface renovation paints.
|REVACRYL™ AE 6030
||Finely dispersed aqueous dispersion of a styrene-acrylic ester copolymer. The dispersion contains an anionic emulsifier system and is free from film forming aids, APEO, solvents and plasticizers.REVACRYL AE 6030 is a hydrophobic styrene-acrylic dispersion. It shows an excellent adhesion to various metal substrate and a high water-resistance. It is highly recommended for anti-corrosive primers and non-decorative metal monocoats.
Contact a Synthomer technical polymer expert to discuss your anti-corrosion and metal protection coatings need.