Synthomer is the leading supplier of dispersions for water-based and solvent-born thin-film intumescent coatings providing unmatched passive fire protection to structural steel and metals. Guarding many of the world’s most iconic multi-story structures, Synthomer Emultex FR, Pliolite and Hydro Pliolite innovations push the boundaries of high-performance with systems that can increase fire protection time up to 120 minutes for interior, semi-exposed, and exposed applications.
In addition, advanced flame-retardant synergists from Synthomer’s speciality inorganic chemicals company, William Blythe, can reduce fire spread and smoke evolution.
- Emultex FR: Colloid stabilised vinyl acetate, vinyl versatate copolymers dispersions.
- Hydro Pliolite: Latest in water-based resin technology, modified acrylate copolymers.
- Plioway: Vinyl acrylate copolymer easily soluble in low odor dearomatized solvents.
- Pliolite: Styrene-acrylic copolymers and specialty vinyl-acrylate copolymer Newtonian resins.
- Flamtard: Zinc hydroxy stannate material technology for flame retardancy. Available through Synthomer’s speciality inorganic chemical company, William Blythe.
- Water-based binders for environmentally-friendly intumescent coatings and sealants.
- Solvent-borne binders for more stringent durability requirements
- Fire protection capabilities meeting Z1, Z2, Y and X class requirements.
- Ensure excellent foam development and stabilisation.
- Tailor-made for different levels of protection, from 30 to 120 minutes of protection
- Good water resistance.
- Smoke suppression.
- Reduction of flame spread.
|EMULTEX™ FR 728
||EMULTEX FR 728 is a specially colloid stabilised vinyl acetate - vinyl versatate copolymer dispersion developed for formulation of water-borne intumescent
coatings. EMULTEX FR 728 provides a quick char formation with high expansion factor.EMULTEX FR 728 is designed for intumescent coatings for fire
protection up to R60.
|EMULTEX™ FR 797
||EMULTEX FR 797 is a specially colloid stabilised and vinyl acetate - vinyl
versatate copolymer dispersion developed for formulation of waterborne intumescent coatings. EMULTEX FR 797 provides a slow char
formation with medium expansion factorEMULTEX FR 797 is recommended for intumescent coatings with fire protection up to 120min.
|HYDRO PLIOLITE™ 211
||Hydro Pliolite 211 is a modified styrene-acrylic copolymer dispersion developed for formulation of water-borne intumescent coatings. Hydro Pliolite 211 has excellent water resitance that allows intumescent coatings to resist to outdoor conditions.Hydro Pliolite 211 is designed for intumescent coatings for fire protection from R30 to R120.
||Pliolite AC80, often used in combination with Pliolite AC4 or Pliolite AC5G, forms though abrasion and chemically resistant films that have excellent adhesion, UV resistance and exterior weathering properties.Newtonian resin for exterior masonry coatings, anticarbonation, metal protective and intumescent coatings.
||Pliolite AC90 styrene-acrylate copolymer provides excellent water resistence and durability. Its melt rheology and synergy with other intumescent raw materials delivers outstanding char consistency and fire resistance.Newtonian resin for high performance intumescent coatings.
||Pliolite VTAC-L is a highly soluble, vinyl toluene-acrylate copolymer that forms tough, durable films with excellent adhesion to concrete and steel, with very good water and chemical resistance.Newtonian resin soluble in mineral spirits, for formulation of flat or textured masonry coatings, alkali resistant primers, anticorrosion paints and intumescent coatings.
||Plioway EC1 is a vinyl-acrylate copolymer soluble in low odour, dearomatized aliphatic solvents. It provides excellent adhesion on a wide variety of substrates, as well as outstanding stain blocking properties.Newtonian resin for low odour, stain blocking primers, waterproofing sealers, correction fluids and intumescent coatings.
Contact a Synthomer technical polymer expert to discuss your intumescent application need.