Synthomer is the leading supplier of dispersions for water-based and solvent-borne thin-film intumescent coatings providing unmatched passive fire protection to structural steel and metals. Guarding many of the world’s most iconic multi-story structures, Synthomer Emultex FR, Pliolite and Hydro Pliolite innovations push the boundaries of high-performance with systems that can increase fire protection time up to 120 minutes for interior, semi-exposed, and exposed applications. In addition, advanced flame retardant synergists from Synthomer’s speciality inorganic chemicals company William Blythe can reduce fire spread and smoke evolution.
- Water-based binders for environmentally-friendly intumescent coatings and sealants.
- Solvent-borne binders for more stringent durability requirements
- Fire protection capabilities meeting Z1, Z2, Y and X class requirements.
- Ensure excellent foam development and stabilisation.
- Tailor-made for different levels of protection, from 30 to 120 minutes of protection
- Good water resistance.
- Smoke suppression.
- Reduction of flame spread.
- Emultex FR 797: Ensures that intumescent coatings produce a stable, insulating foam at high temperatures for the protection of steel structures for up to 120 minutes. It possesses excellent water resistance and high film flexibility. When exposed to heat it demonstrates foaming properties that slowly build a very compact foam, which is key to the expanded protection time. Designed for Interior (Z1, Z2).
- Emultex FR 728: A newly developed APEO-free polymer that replaces the market standard Emultex 523 and delivers 30 – 60 minutes of fire protection time. Designed for Interior (Z1, Z2).
- Hydro Pliolite 211: Latest in water-based resin technology, Hydro Pliolite 211 is a modified acrylate copolymer providing superior water resistance, durability, good melt characteristics and uniform char consistency. Suitable for R30 to R120. Designed for interior and semi-exposed (Z1, Z2, and Y).
- Plioway EC1: This vinyl acrylate copolymer is soluble in low odor dearomatized solvents and provides excellent adhesion on a wide variety of substrates, as well as excellent stain blocking properties. Also usable as a low-odor primer, waterproofing sealer and correction fluid. Designed for exposed and semi-exposed (X and Y).
- Pliolite AC90: This styrene-acrylic copolymer provides excellent water resistance and durability. Its melt rheology and synergy with other intumescence raw materials delivers outstanding char consistency and fire resistance.
- Pliolite AC80: This styrene-acrylate copolymer forms tough abrasion and chemically resistant films that have excellent adhesion, UV resistance and exterior weathering properties. Often used in combination with Pliolite AC4 or AC5G. Designed for exposed and semi-exposed (X and Y).
- Pliolite VTAC-L: This highly soluble vinyl toluene acrylate copolymer Newtonian resin exhibits good adhesion to concrete and steel. Provides good humidity resistance. Has a KB Value of 36 and is compatible with a multitude of modifying resins and plasticizers. Designed for exposed and semi-exposed (X and Y). May also be used for flat or textured masonry paint.
- Flamtard H: A flame retardant synergist that reduces fire spread and smoke evolution through improved char formation. It is based on zinc hydroxy stannate, which is a non-hazardous chemical that is stable up to 220°C, after which it starts to liberate water. It brings a char hardening and strength capability to intumescent coatings, enabling them to meet the most demanding fire tests in building and construction, oil and gas, and mining applications. It is available through Synthomer’s speciality inorganic chemical company William Blythe
|EMULTEX™ FR 728
||EMULTEX FR 728 is a specially colloid stabilised vinyl acetate - vinyl versatate copolymer dispersion developed for formulation of water-borne intumescent
coatings. EMULTEX FR 728 provides a quick char formation with high expansion factor.EMULTEX FR 728 is designed for intumescent coatings for fire
protection up to R60.
|EMULTEX™ FR 797
||EMULTEX FR 797 is a specially colloid stabilised and vinyl acetate - vinyl
versatate copolymer dispersion developed for formulation of waterborne intumescent coatings. EMULTEX FR 797 provides a slow char
formation with medium expansion factorEMULTEX FR 797 is recommended for intumescent coatings with fire protection up to 120min.
|HYDRO PLIOLITE™ 211
||Hydro Pliolite 211 is a modified styrene-acrylic copolymer dispersion developed for formulation of water-borne intumescent coatings. Hydro Pliolite 211 has excellent water resitance that allows intumescent coatings to resist to outdoor conditions.Hydro Pliolite 211 is designed for intumescent coatings for fire protection from R30 to R120.
||Pliolite AC80, often used in combination with Pliolite AC4 or Pliolite AC5G, forms though abrasion and chemically resistant films that have excellent adhesion, UV resistance and exterior weathering properties.Newtonian resin for exterior masonry coatings, anticarbonation, metal protective and intumescent coatings.
||Pliolite AC90 styrene-acrylate copolymer provides excellent water resistence and durability. Its melt rheology and synergy with other intumescent raw materials delivers outstanding char consistency and fire resistance.Newtonian resin for high performance intumescent coatings.
||Pliolite VTAC-L is a highly soluble, vinyl toluene-acrylate copolymer that forms tough, durable films with excellent adhesion to concrete and steel, with very good water and chemical resistance.Newtonian resin soluble in mineral spirits, for formulation of flat or textured masonry coatings, alkali resistant primers, anticorrosion paints and intumescent coatings.
||Pliotec 115 is a vinyl-acetate resin with excellent adhesion to polyurethane foam and other substrates. It imparts fast drying and ease of application to intumescent coatings used on non-metallic substrates.Water-borne resin for intumescent coatings for PU foams.
||Plioway EC1 is a vinyl-acrylate copolymer soluble in low odour, dearomatized aliphatic solvents. It provides excellent adhesion on a wide variety of substrates, as well as outstanding stain blocking properties.Newtonian resin for low odour, stain blocking primers, waterproofing sealers, correction fluids and intumescent coatings.
Contact a Synthomer technical polymer expert to discuss your intumescent application need.