The failure to protect metal results in the monetary losses of billions annually. Synthomer technologies provide long-lasting metal protection helping you create anti-corrosion products that maintain both aesthetic appeal, and structural integrity. Our extensive range of water-based and solvent-borne resins provide specific protective attributes, including resistance to corrosion, fire (intumescence), efflorescence and chemicals, as well as thermal insulation. Synthomer binders also allow you to boost the environmental credentials of your products with resin-options including low-VOC and non-hazardous substances such as APEO and formaldehyde-free solutions. Synthomer technologies can be applied as direct-to-metal all-in-one coating or as a primer application. They are ideal for use on steel frame constructions such as power pylons, marine, and ACE applications (agriculture, construction, and earth-moving equipment). Our binders will help you achieve anti-corrosion performance according to EN 12944-2 C 3-C 4, medium protection level (five to 15 years) and can be applied at ambient or slightly forced temperatures.
- Create APEO-free and formaldehyde-free formulations.
- Advanced surfactants to ensure excellent wetting and adhesion on metal substrates.
- Outstanding hydrophobicity.
- Superior salt-spray resistance.
- High-gloss enamel
Synthomer has a wide range of water-based and solvent-borne resins including:
- Plextol R 5530: Versatile Veocryl technology. Ambient temperature self-crosslinking VeoVa-acrylic binder for anti-corrosion or DTM (direct-to-metal) coatings.
- Lipaton SB 5521: Elastic and multi-talented. Styrene-butadiene latex for anti-corrosive primers and stone-chip protection for car underbody.
- Revacryl AE 6030: Optimised for metal adhesion. Styrene-acrylic dispersion for anti-corrosion primers with excellent anti-corrosive properties and excellent adhesion to galvanised steel.
- Revacryl R 5850: Superior water resistance. Ambient temperature self-crosslinking styrene-acrylic dispersion for anti-corrosion primers with fast drying speed and outstanding water-resistance.
- Pliolite AC4: This styrene-acrylate copolymer is often used for steel structure protection with its high chemical resistance, tough abrasion films. May be used in exterior application with excellent UV resistance and exterior weathering properties. Often used in combination with intumescent or masonry AC80 for intumescent or masonry applications.
- Pliolite AC5-G: This Pseudoplastic styrene-acrylate copolymer resin forms tough abrasion and chemically resistant films that have excellent UV resistance and exterior weathering properties. Is often used with often used in combination with Pliolite AC80. Excellent for protective metal and anti-carbonation applications. May also be used for intumescent or masonry.
- Pliolite AC80: A Newtonian styrene-acrylate copolymer resin, Pliolite AC 80 forms tough abrasion and chemically resistant films that have excellent adhesion, UV resistance and exterior weathering properties. Is often used in combination with Pliolite AC4 or AC5G. Excellent for protective metal and anti-carbonation applications. May also be used for intumescent or masonry.
- Pliotec HDT12: This unique WB modified acrylate copolymer provides excellent adhesion to ferrous and non-ferrous metals, and superior water resistance, delivering corrosion protection for metal even without the use of anticorrosive pigments. Can be applied direct-to-metal coatings, from high-gloss enamels to anti-corrosive primers.
- Pliotec HDT16: This differentiated WB modified acrylate copolymer provides excellent water and corrosion resistance, fast hardness development and superior adhesion to a wide variety of substrates (ferrous and non-ferrous metals, ceramic tiles, PVC and more).
|LIPATON™ SB 5521
||Finely dispersed aqueous dispersion of a carboxylated styrene-butadiene copolymer. The dispersion contains an anionic emulsifier system and is free from film forming aids, APEO, solvents and plasticizers.LIPATON SB 5521 is a hydrophobic and elastic polymer. It is highly recommended for anti-corrosive primers and underbody coatings.
|PLEXTOL™ R 5530
||PLEXTOL R 5530 is a fine particle size, surfactant stabilised
aqueous dispersion of a crosslinked methacrylic ester-acrylic ester
copolymer. PLEXTOL R 5530 offers good adhesion and salt spray resistance with a very good adhesion to different substrates.PLEXTOL R 5530 is recommended for anti-corrosion and Direct to Meta applications with excellent salt spray resistance and perfect adhesion to many substrates. Plextol R 5530 is suitable also for multi-substrate primer formulations.
||Modified styrene-acrylic copolymer latex based on Hydrophobic Dispersion Technology, with excellent adhesion to metals, and superior water resistance, delivering corrosion protection even without the use of anticorrosive pigments.Pliotec HDT12 is recommended for Direct-To-Metal (DTM) coatings, from high gloss enamels to anticorrosive primers.
||Pliotec HDT16 modified styrene-acrylic copolymer latex provides excellent water and corrosion resistance, fast hardness development and superior adhesion to a wide variety of substrates (ferrous and non-ferrous metals, ceramic tiles, PVC and more).Water-based resin for anti-corrosion paints and primers, Direct-To-Metal (DTM) coatings and multi-surface renovation paints.
|REVACRYL™ AE 6030
||Finely dispersed aqueous dispersion of a styrene-acrylic ester copolymer. The dispersion contains an anionic emulsifier system and is free from film forming aids, APEO, solvents and plasticizers.REVACRYL AE 6030 is a hydrophobic styrene-acrylic dispersion. It shows an excellent adhesion to various metal substrate and a high water-resistance. It is highly recommended for anti-corrosive primers and non-decorative metal monocoats.
Contact a Synthomer technical polymer expert to discuss your anti-corrosion and metal protection coatings need.