Process EngineerReference No.: XXX
Location: Gent, Belgium (Europe)
Reference No.: xxx
Current vacancy: Process Engineer
Location: Evergem (Gent), Flanders, Belgium
Synthomer plc is a FTSE 250 speciality chemicals company and one of the world’s leading producers of aqueous polymers. Using innovative technologies, Synthomer produces sophisticated formulations for thousands of customers across diverse industries. Today the company generates revenues and profits of circa £1.3bn and £195m respectively and operates from 27 production sites across the world. The company has set itself aggressive organic and acquisition growth targets and has recently completed the acquisition of Perstorp Oxo Belgium AB, a niche performance additives business serving the decorative and industrial coatings industries, from The Perstorp Group.
Site Gent is one of the production site with manufacturing specialty chemicals and is looking for a Process engineer to support our future growth.
As a Process Engineer, you will assist the Plant Manager for optimizing the chemical processes, leading process development and troubleshooting process disturbances. You will also support potential investment projects, expansion of capacity and plant modifications. During a typical day you will apply process engineering knowledge to detect causes of deviations in quality, capacity, DVC and energy consumption.
Reporting to: Plant Manager
- Process engineering support for improvements and modifications (concept evaluation, pre-study including process calculations, basic engineering, end evaluation).
- Work activities include process studies, safety studies (HAZOP’s) including process simulations, mass and heat balance preparation, preparing equipment datasheets.
- Monitor and support all production operations for the Site Gent, focused on process optimization and control, to ensure OEE & DVC performance targets are met.
- Lead plant troubleshooting jointly with the operations and maintenance teams. Coordinate with Operations and maintenance department to provide necessary support for project and modifications activities.
- Knowledge of utilities – trouble shooting, modifications, calculations and optimization (including Energy savings).
- Work compliant with applicable safety, health and environmental guidelines and regulations
- Knowledge of ASPEN TECH (IP 21) / APRM to extract data and analysis would be advantageous, but not mandatory.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in Chemical Engineering (Industrial Engineering, chemie)
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in process engineering, preferably in manufacturing environment. Exposure to other engineering disciplines in a process environment is a clear plus (e.g., process control, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation)
- Project Management would be advantageous, but not mandatory (concept evaluation/feasibility study , pre-study , basic engineering, budgeting & cross department follow-up and plant commissioning)
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English
- Result-oriented and have a can-do attitude. You see technical problems as a challenge/opportunity;
- Good communication and problem solving skills.
- Good team player
WE OFFER YOU:
- A fixed contract with a salary package that match your qualifications / experience level.
- An interesting group-insurance, including pension plan and health insurance + meal vouchers.
- You will have besides your 20 legal holidays, also 15 ADV days of holiday, to have a good work-life balance.
ARE YOU THE PERSON WE’RE LOOKING FOR?
Sent your application, including your resume and motivation letter to:
Jolanda van de Vijver
Durmakker 33, 9940 Evergem
09 257 17 17