Customer Service OfficerReference No.: CSO01
Location: Gent, Belgium (Europe)
Reference No.: CSO01
Current vacancy: Customer Service Officer
Location: Evergem (Gent), Flanders, Belgium
Synthomer plc is a FTSE 250 speciality chemicals company and one of the world’s leading producers of aqueous polymers. Using innovative technologies, Synthomer produces sophisticated formulations for thousands of customers across diverse industries. Today the company generates revenues and profits of circa £1.3bn and £195m respectively and operates from 27 production sites across the world. The company has set itself aggressive organic and acquisition growth targets and has recently completed the acquisition of Perstorp Oxo Belgium AB, a niche performance additives business serving the decorative and industrial coatings industries, from The Perstorp Group.
The company is creating a customer service organisation at its production facility near Ghent, Belgium to support this new business and are seeking to recruit 2 Customer Service Officers.
To be the focal point for customer services to the businesses customers through the execution of the end to end order to cash process.
Reporting to: Commercial Manager
- Direct customer contact for all customer service issues
- Coordination/communication with sales personnel
- Issue of quotations
- Order receipt/confirmation and entry into the ERP system
- Coordination/communication with planning at site to ensure orders are fulfilled on schedule.
- Shipping/transport booking including documentation
- Ordering of documents from authorities and embassy for exports
- Approving transport invoices in workflow
- Issuing invoices
- Handling of customer returns
- Entering, investigate and follow up on customer complaints and internal deviations
- Update and work with customer related information in customer service database
- Create credit invoices
- Follow up on overdue payments and credit limits with open orders
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience of working within a customer service organisation.
- Languages: English is a basic requirement and additional languages are an advantage eg French & German or French & Spanish.
- Previous experience working with ERP systems. Experience of using and working with SAP an advantage.
- Confident PC user. Ability to proficiently use MS Office programmes e.g. Word, Excel and high level of understanding on IT systems to become proficient on unknown software.
WE OFFER YOU:
- You will be able to set up a new CSO department together with your Synthomer colleagues.
- A fixed contract with a good salary package that match your qualifications.
- An interesting group-insurance, including pension plan and health insurance + meal vouchers.
- You will have besides your 20 legal holidays, also 18 ADV days of holiday, to have a good work-life balance.
ARE YOU THE PERSON WE’RE LOOKING FOR?
Sent your application, including your resume and motivation letter to: Jolanda.vandeVijver@synthomer.com
Jolanda van de Vijver HR Manager
9940 Evergem 09 257 17 17