Graduate Leadership ProgrammeReference No.: GradPrg
Location: London, United Kingdom (Europe)
SYNTHOMER GRADUATE LEADERSHIP PROGRAMME
Synthomer are looking for experienced graduates with 1-2 years experience to join our fast growing company at sites around the world.
Graduates are key to Synthomer’s future success and our new Graduate Programme for 2017 is designed to enhance our bench strength. We see this programme as an opportunity to recruit future leaders and give them the opportunity to grow and develop in the business.
Engineering graduates are vital to Synthomer’s organisation and we are keen to ensure we have the right talent to progress into opportunities as they arise in our Global business. Potential candidates for the programme will aspire to develop and grow within the business.
They will need to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Significant ambition with strong personal leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong work ethic and the energy and drive to succeed
- Ability to coach and show empathy
- Internationally minded with flexibility on location
- Ambition to learn and develop management and professional capabilities
The aim of the Graduate Programme is to build on existing skills through a structured development programme. Synthomer will:
- Support progression to Chartered Engineer status by providing relevant training, experience, funding and mentoring.
- Encourage and support the development of language skills, with a focus on English, German and Italian by attending an intensive language programme, to enhance career potential.
- Provide Graduates with challenging and rewarding opportunities to help us deliver on our most important business improvement projects
During the first two years with the business, graduates will need to be flexible to undertake material placements of between 6 – 12 months which could be in any of our locations across the globe. They will be designed to encourage participation in projects which make a difference on manufacturing sites either in direct support of the Operations or in a Project Team. This will be in areas such as capacity debottlenecking, improving environmental performance or expansion which will have a significant impact for the site. De-briefs will be held with the Group Operations Director after each project and a dedicated mentor will support and guide through the process. You performance in your first 2 years will help you and Synthomer agree the right career path for your future with Synthomer.
Following successful completion of the allocated project work, Synthomer will appoint the graduates to full time roles within the business which is likely to fall into one of the following areas:
- Functional Engineering or Project Management
- Plant Engineering or Production Manager
- Central Manufacturing Excellence, SHE and Engineering group
Graduates with 1-2 years’ experience are encouraged to apply. Language skills are also an assett for this role, particulary German, Malaysian, Thai and English
Please send your up to date CV and covering letter (Saved under your name) to UKHR@Synthomer.com
If you have not heard from us within six weeks, please assume that unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.