Strategic & M&A AnalystReference No.: SMA_Analyst
Location: London, United Kingdom (Europe)
Closing Date: Friday 28th April 2017
Synthomer is a global polymer LSE listed company producing innovative formulations and applications covering a wide range of industries, including coatings, building products, gloves, carpets, paper, adhesives, plastics, PVC and many more with sales of over £1 billion.
We are looking for a Strategic and M&A Analyst to be responsible for supporting the strategic planning, corporate development and M&A activities within the organisation, including assisting with development of commercial propositions and activities as well as the broader M&A engagement activity. Reporting to the Director of Strategy & Corporate Development you will assist with the coordination of the Strategic Planning on a global scale, have a proactive role in M&A activities of the Group which will be the primary focus. You will also be responsible for monitoring market, company and competitor activity.
Our ideal candidate will;
- be a recent graduate holding a degree (or equivalent) preferably from within the finance, economics, business, chemistry or marketing area.
- have strong numerical skills and the ability to plan, prioritise and manage a busy and varied workload whilst delivering projects to a high standard with measurable outputs and meeting deadlines.
- should be able to act in a professional manner at all times, with drive and commitment particularly when faced with challenges and setbacks.
- have strong inter-personal skills, be ambitious and enjoy the field of research and analysis.
- have already experienced desk research, conducting media analysis, data analysis and reporting.
- have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- be looking to be based predominantly in the UK however as some European and international travel may be required be prepared to travel. Business standard (written/spoken) language skills in Chinese and/or German would be a distinct advantage.
This position presents an exciting opportunity to gain exposure to a wide variety of activities in a multinational organization and is intended to be a development role so the individual may eventually move on within the Company.
We can offer an attractive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as associated benefits, including Bonus and Pension Scheme.
To apply, please send your CV stating your current salary and Right to Work information to UKHR@synthomer.com.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No agencies, please.