Assistant Technical Service ManagerReference No.: Assistant Tech Serv Manager
Location: Harlow, United Kingdom (Europe)
Department Location: Sales & Marketing, Harlow UK
Function Description: Provide direct technical support to customers and handle all customer enquiries for the Alcotex product lines covering all aspects such as product specification, design issues and complaints and ensure regulatory compliance to ensure achievement of SBU objectives. Some global travel is involved with this position to visit key sites and clients, all applicants must have the relevant right to work documentation.
1. Provide direct technical support to customers and handle customer enquiries for the Alcotex product lines including; product specification, design issues, complaints, regulatory compliance. Liaise with production/sales teams to resolve queries, ensure effective communication of outcome.
2. Serve as technical and applications expert, enhancing knowledge and provide greater understanding of products via training, within the company and to customers/distributors in the area of Alcotex for the PVC market. Keep abreast of market developments and competitive products.
3. In conjunction with the Technical Manager define, initiate and lead projects in existing or new market segments, with the aim of developing new business in line with business strategy. Liaise with external / internal contacts to ensure effective implementation. Communicate project outcomes to stakeholders.
4. Visit existing and potential customer contacts globally, either independently or together with the sales team/agents.
5. Participate in new business development to increase gross margin and revenue for the business segment.
6. Guide the practical technical service work programme in PVC market segment, with the Technical Head of Department, to ensure work is progressed to meet customer or development timescales and objectives.
7. Ensure accomplishment of all business activities in the area of responsibility in line with relevant SHE-regulations to achieve SHE-compliance in accordance with internal, contractual and legal regulations.
Education & Experience:
The successful candidate should have a degree or equivalent in chemistry, or science qualifications, previous experience working in the PVC/PVOH segments especially in a R&D laboratory environment would be of a distinct advantage.
Closing Date: 12th May 2017 - Please send your updated CV and letter of application to UKHR@Synthomer.com along with current salary and salary expectations