Alcotex B72 is polyvinyl alcohol which has been specially developed for use as a primary suspending agent for vinyl chloride suspension polymerisation. It is manufactured by Synthomer UK Ltd. using our exclusive manufacturing process which has advantages over other manufacturing methods, in that it allows more efficient control over the degree of hydrolysis and particle size of the product.
NMR measurements have shown that Alcotex B72 has a block distribution of acetate groups.
For detailed information, please contact the Alcotex Technical Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org
In listing the advantages of using Alcotex B72, it must be noted that differences in the PVC grade, polymerisation recipe and plant design influence the extent to which any of these benefits are obtained.
Alcotex B72 has been developed to meet the needs of PVC manufacturers who require good grain size control at cost effective concentrations
The principal advantages of using Alcotex B72 can be summarised as follows:
A) PVC Plant Output and Operating Cost
1. The polymer build-up in the reactor is low, reducing down-time for cleaning.
2. The desired grain size can be achieved using low levels of Alcotex B72.
3. PVC grains of good porosity are produced, which facilitates free monomer removal.
4. Alcotex B72 is not prone to dusting.
B) PVC Polymer Quality
1. Alcotex B72 is used to make PVC with a wide range of porosities and bulk densities.
2. The PVC grains made with Alcotex B72 tend to be more spherical such that high porosity may be combined with minimum reduction in bulk density and with optimum flow characteristics.
3. The PVC grain size distribution is narrow, and the levels of over-sized rejects are low.
4. Plasticiser absorption properties can be adjusted to give fast dry-up times.
5. The “fish-eye” count is low, reducing the reject level in critical applications.
1. Alcotex B72 should be stored away from wet areas. Ingress of moisture should be avoided to maintain product quality.
2. As supplied, the product should remain fit for use for 24 months from the date of production. Beyond that date, the material may still be fit for use, but we would advise that it is good practice to test the material. As such, we advise that material stored for 12 months or more after delivery should be tested before use.
3. Aqueous solutions of Alcotex B72 if stored for long periods at elevated temperatures are prone to mould and bacterial attack.
Alcotex B72 is supplied in 25kg (nominal) plastic sacks and 1000kg big bag. Each pack carries the grade number, batch number and net weight. Deliveries are palletised labelled with the relevant shipping marks.
Synthomer Limited , Head Office
Phone: +44 (0)1279 436 211
FAX: +44 (0)1279 444 025
|Total Solids||> 95.0||%|
|Degree of Hydrolysis||72.0-74.0||mole%|
|Viscosity @ 20°C, 4% solution||5.0-5.8||mPa.s|
|Ash Content||0.5 max.||% as Na2O|
|Appearance||Dark yellow granules|
© 2014 Synthomer plc