Experience of working closely with PVC manufacturers has contributed to the development of this product.
In listing the advantages of using Alcotex 80, it must be noted that differences in the PVC grade, polymerisation recipe and plant design influence the extent to which any of these benefits are obtained.
The use of Alcotex suspending agents requires no significant plant modification.
The following are advantages, when compared with other 80% hydrolysed polyvinyl alcohol primary suspending agents:-
A) PVC Plant Output and Operating Cost
1. The polymer build-up in the reactor is low, reducing down-time for cleaning.
2. The desired grain size can be achieved using low levels of Alcotex 80.
3. PVC grains of high bulk density are produced.
B) PVC Polymer Quality
1. Alcotex 80 is used to make PVC with a wide range of porosities and bulk densities.
2. The PVC grains made with Alcotex 80 tend to be more spherical such that slightly higher bulk density may be combined with minimum reduction in porosity and with optimum flow characteristics.
3. Plasticiser absorption properties can be adjusted to give fast dry-up times.
1. Alcotex 80 should be stored away from wet areas and naked flames. Ingress of moisture should be avoided to maintain product quality.
2. As supplied, the product should remain fit for use for 24 months from the date of production. Beyond that date, the material may still be fit for use, but we would advise that it is good practice to test the material. As such, we advise that material stored for 12 months or more after delivery should be tested before use.
3. Aqueous solutions of Alcotex 80 if stored for long periods at elevated temperatures are prone to mould and bacterial attack.
Alcotex 80 is supplied in 20kg (nominal) paper sacks. Each sack carries the grade number, batch number and net weight. Deliveries are palletised with each pallet being stretch wrapped and labelled with the relevant shipping marks.
Synthomer Limited Head Office
Phone: +44 (0)1279 436 211
FAX: +44 (0)1279 444 025
|Total Solids||> 95.0||%|
|Degree of Hydrolysis||78.5-81.5||mole%|
|Viscosity @ 20°C, 4% solution||36-42||mPa.s|
|Ash Content||0.5 max.||weight %|
|Appearance||White granular solid|
© 2014 Synthomer plc